Panel does not store config in 4.2.1

Corsac corsac at corsac.net
Thu Mar 17 16:34:48 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 16:18 +0100, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 03:44:43PM +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> > Jasper,
> >
> > I just experienced a rather critical bug in xfce4-panel 4.2.1. It looks
> > to me like the panel does not store its config properly on session
> > logout. A possible fix is attached below.
> >

> Hmm, what was the actual situation? I'd like to know the real reason instead
> of patching things up. The panel should save all changes to
> contents.xml.active and on exit move this to the final contents.xml. If this
> doesn't happen correctly it could be that the panel crashed on shutdown.
>
> Do you have a contents.xml.active file still present?

I experienced the bug first (at least, I think). I upgraded to 4.2.1
with the debian packages, then close my session and launch xfce.
The panel had the default config, not mine.

When the panel was launched I had a contents.xml.active, but it wasnt
renamed to contents.xml when I closed my session, the next time.

With the actual, patched version, it works.
--
Corsac
http://www.corsac.net