Panel does not store config in 4.2.1

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Mar 17 16:18:03 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 03:44:43PM +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Jasper,
>
> I just experienced a rather critical bug in xfce4-panel 4.2.1. It looks
> to me like the panel does not store its config properly on session
> logout. A possible fix is attached below.

Hmm, what was the actual situation? I'd like to know the real reason instead
of patching things up. The panel should save all changes to
contents.xml.active and on exit move this to the final contents.xml. If this
doesn't happen correctly it could be that the panel crashed on shutdown.

Do you have a contents.xml.active file still present?

If we can't find the real cause and your patch works, we should do a release.
I'd rather put in a call to write_panel_config () instead of duplicating it,
though.

	Jasper