[Xfce-i18n] Panel contents translations

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Tue Mar 8 11:02:54 CET 2005

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:03:42 +0100
Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Hello translators/developers,

Hello,

> In general, this means that the panel installs only one contents.xml
> file now, not one per language, which makes handling easier for
> translators and developers.

Thanks a lot that's a great advance for both sides ;) In this time,
I want to write a side note for developers, if we decide to use PO file
in which all translations will be done, sometimes string conflicts will
be occurred need to be separated in translation, so I'm glad developers/
you will take care of string usage in their/your programs if possible
of course or translator will report that.

In the following case, I want to have a different translation.

    #: panel/icons.c:75 config/contents.xml.in.h:14
    msgid "Terminal"

Can you modify string more detailed for tooltip, like

    #: panel/icons.c:75
    msgid "Terminal"

    # config/contents.xml.in.h:14
    msgid "Run terminal"

so the translator can translate each strings differently?

Regards,
--
Daichi