Panel contents translations

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Mar 7 15:03:42 CET 2005

Hello translators/developers,

I changed xfce4-panel to use intltool for the contents.xml file as well.
This breaks all existing translations, as there was no easy way for me
to extract and merge the existing translations. I left the
contents.xml.<lang> files in CVS for now, so you can smoothly merge them
with your .po files. This only affects HEAD for now.

In general, this means that the panel installs only one contents.xml
file now, not one per language, which makes handling easier for
translators and developers.

Jasper, I did not change touch your new launcher, but only item.c. But
as you can see that change to item.c was rather trivial, so you can
easily port it to your new launcher as well. In addition, you should
change the function that looks up the contents.xml to not look for
contents.xml.<lang> files any more, so people upgrading from source will
get the new contents.

Happy breakage,
Benedikt