4.2.1 schedule proposal

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Mar 4 08:08:15 CET 2005

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Brian,
> On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 15:42 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>Should we freeze strings at some point before that tor translators?  I 
>>know I've at least made a few fixes/changes that involve string changes.
> You mean to the 4.2 tree? Wow...
> Anyway, nope, strings aren't supposed to change within a stable tree, so
> it's already considered frozen.

Hmm, I think there can be good reasons to change strings as part of a 
bug fix. Anyway, I propose that when string changes take place in the 
stable branch we inform xfce-i18n about them.

I also propose the start the string freeze for 4.2.1 now ;-)

Sunday march 13 sounds like a good release date to me and I agree it may 
be sensible to postpone moving to svn until after the release.


More information about the Xfce4-dev mailing list