Panel Plugins for 4.4

Nicolas Masse masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 29 00:37:12 CEST 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:30:42 -0400
Ori Bernstein <rand_chars at rogers.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:51:43 +0200
> Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> said:

> Some other plugins I'd like to see:
> -  some form of "drop box", where drag data can be stored temporarily (but I
> don't know how well this would work)
>
> - a "launcher" plugin, which is exactly the same as the current one, but uses
> the appfinder to select the item to launch.

I think the best way to do this would be by using some kinds of drag and drop, but I can gess the fact that since the API change is already a lot of work, DND can be pushed back until the next version if necessary. (Alternatively, I can try to add it in my own plugin, but for that I will need information on how DND work, and what kind of information my plugin can receive)

> - I'd like a toggle launcher that would be able to do one command on toggle-on,
> one command on toggle off (for example, mount/umount), and so on.
>
> and *MAYBE*
> - Make the launcher launch only one item, and create a general "drawer" item
> that will take any panel plugin. (This, I guess, would imply an "is-visible"
> status that the panel would have to check)

I don't know if it's me but I didn't unserstood what you mean here.