Panel Size

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sat Jun 18 08:53:46 CEST 2005

Op vr, 17-06-2005 te 13:13 -0700, schreef Brian J. Tarricone:

> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > Op do, 16-06-2005 te 18:33 +0200, schreef Nick Schermer:
> >
> >>Is it possible to change the panel size with a slider, just like
> >>the taskbar? Because normal is a bit small and large is too
> >>big, i my opinion.
> >>

> > The answer (if a bit late) to that question is a definite 'maybe' ;-)
> >
> > A slider does make sense, but I think it will require some internal
> > changes.
>
> And changes to pretty much any plugin that displays graphics, since
> currently everyone uses the global icon_size[] array to size icons to
> fit the panel size...

Yeah, I can trick them by updating the global variable I think, but with
'some changes' I meant more like 'half a rewrite' ;-)

I really need to rewrite the module interface, to get rid of these
global variables and to prepare for allowing out-of-process panel items.
I'm not sure yet if i should do that for 4.4 or if it has to wait for
4.6.

Maybe we should try to come up with some sort of roadmap for 4.4, a list
of things that may reasonably be done in two months.

	Jasper