E17 benchmarks

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Thu Jun 9 23:14:19 CEST 2005

Michael Reid wrote:
> In other words, the desired area of overlap is frequently not the
> minimal overlap. If everything came up in the center, I could obviously
> anticipate where the border is going to be so I can then quickly move
> the window where I want it.

This actually argues for placing windows in the upper left corner, not
the center.  Then it would be very easy to predict where the top frame
would be for moving the window.  The border location of a window centered
on the screen depends on the window's size.

If Olivier's new algorithm does not work out, or it is desired to be
able to optionally turn it off, then it might be useful to allow the
default window location to be selected (ie, top-left, center, etc).
Or this might just be too many options and should be ignored... ;^)

(Yeesh, could I get any more wishy-washy than that?)

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA