E17 benchmarks

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Jun 9 23:08:53 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 23:00 +0200, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> I can only agree with Brian here. Are we really going to become Gnome^3
> in that we listen to clueless users, who request features based on
> invalid use-cases or simply because they think that they need to speak
> up? I was always under the impression, that Xfce cares for solutions
> instead of adding every hyped feature ASAP. And that was actually what
> kept me with Xfce until now.

But if there is room for improvement, why not trying at least?

Yeah, sure, the current algo is "perfect" in the sense that it
guarantees that the overlap between visible windows is the lowest
possible, but after all, is that really suitable anyway?

I mean it, I'm sometimes lost searching for a window, while I could find
it instantly if it was mapped in the center.

Maybe we could just evaluate the idea before just rejecting it?

Cheers,
Olivier