E17 benchmarks

Olivier FOURDAN fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jun 9 13:59:46 CEST 2005

Hi

Again, I can make the WM go a lot faster (2X faster than metacity according to that tool, for example), but smart placement won't be as smart as it is now.

Bad result to benchmarks, even when meaningfull (which is not the case with that test) doesn't necesssarily show a weakness in code. If, to gain 50ms, you have to make the code a lot more complex then I think it's better to be a bit slower and keep maintainable and reliable code.

I don't mean that there is no room for improvements, I just mean that the usefullness of breaking stable code for a meaningless benchmark is yet to be proven.

Cheers,
Olivier.