Xfce Shortcut Manager

Benedikt Meurer benny at xfce.org
Tue Jul 19 13:45:13 CEST 2005

Ori Bernstein wrote:
> My proposed solution:
>  - Remove shortcuts of any sort from xfwm4. This includes window management
>    shortcuts. Instead, let xfwm4 listen to events on some sort of interface,
>    probably a socket, and be controlled by a "remote control" program of some
>    sort. This program would be invoked by a general shortcut manager.

If this is going to be the solution, we should definitly NOT use a
separate TCP/UD socket. The communication with the window manager should
be done through the Xserver or you'll run into all kinds of problems
(the first that comes to mind is the case of a remote X display).

Benedikt
--
Xfce  --  small, stable, fast  --  http://www.xfce.org/

           (__)