Xfce Shortcut Manager

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Tue Jul 19 13:32:11 CEST 2005

Le mardi 19 juillet 2005 à 07:32 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans a écrit :
> Ori Bernstein wrote:
> > Today, I was thinking a bit about the state of shortcut management in Xfce - it
> > seems like the most common feature request for xfwm4 is more shortcuts, and it
> > seems like the consensus is that the way to go is getting a general shortcut
> > manager.

Olivier had that idea and i already started working on it (at least the
shortcut editor itself, olivier will do the shortcut manager part).

> I've thought about something like this before. Much of the window
> management shortcuts could be done by X messages using the EMWH
> specificiation of freedesktop.org.

Olivier didn't tell me anything about the way of handling the shortcut
or if this shortcut manager will replace the wm shortcuts... in my
opinion it could be a great thing BUT it will introduce a dependency on
this shortcut manager in xfwm4 and it'll loose a part of its modularity
IMO and i personnaly don't like this idea

cheers
--
Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>