new Xfce4 Tooltip

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Fri Jul 15 00:20:17 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer schrieb:

>Eduard Roccatello wrote:
>

>>hello Folks!
>>
>>I've just tought about a litte cute tooltip for Xfce4.4 release.
>>I think it could add some eyecandyness to the next release.
>>

>>It is quite like this
>>
>>---------------------------
>>|  /----\                 |
>>| / icon \  Program Name  |
>>| \      /  Description   |
>>|  \----/                 |
>>---------------------------
>>
>>You can found it @
>>http://www.hyperstorm.org/xfce4-tooltip-0.1.tar.gz
>>
>>The example references Firefox and the icon path is hardcoded (time
>>saving :-D)
>>The position now is fixed on screen center and it vanish after a couple
>>of seconds (this will be changed and configurable).
>>
>>You can change it at the row 67 of main.c (HERE
>>vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv)
>>buf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file_at_size
>>("/usr/share/pixmaps/mozilla-firefox.png", 64, 64, NULL);
>>
>>I think this should be added to libxfce4gui :-)
>>
>>What about it? :-)
>>

>What would it be used for?
>
>Benedikt

Hey Benedikt,

ever looked at a recent version of KDE (guess 3.4 or above)? They use
those tooltips
for their starter buttons in the panel, for example. Personally, I like
the idea of "cute"
tooltips but they should appear a little more fast finally and probably
be a little smaller
by default.

Jannis