Sponsored server!

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Thu Jul 7 11:09:43 CEST 2005

Le jeudi 07 juillet 2005 à 10:48 +0200, Auke Kok a écrit :

> 1. Name
>
> I'm very lame about names so my proposal is simple: "cappuccino". Other
> coffees are good alternatives, perldude likes "icetea", also "moccha".
> The FQDN would become "cappuccino.foo-projects.org". Even "coffee" would
> suffice.

yzah.foo-projects.org ;-þ ?

> 3. Root access
>
> Since this server sits a tad whee bit far from my house and I don't have
> someone else with physical access to it (like Remco and espresso), I
> need to grant someone root access to be able to do emergency maintenance
> on the console at the spot. I propose JF gets this as his location is
> closest to the machine.

i was wondering about that yesterday evening, no problem for me i'll
keep it for emergency only; as a side note, i asked to the admin and
apparently they don't have any remote reboot device (apc, ...).

> I also wish to give one additional senior Xfce developer root access for
> maintaining stuff like svn permissions, user accounts etc. This gives us
> the same setup on espresso and will make it easy for everyone to figure
> out who can help when a person is on vacation etc. This person needs to
> be found and agreed upon by the Xfce (senior) team, and as with
> lunar/espresso, this is the least important person with root access
> (backup of the backup).

why not Brian, he has some administration knowledge and is on a
different time shift.

> 4. Schedule
>
> 2 weeks -> installing of all services ready 2 go
>
>   ???    -> transport to Namur, BE (about 300km)
like i said previously, moving during July isn't a problem for me but
August will really be a calendar nightmare (i have 4 exams to study and
pass) except for the w-e of the 6th and 7th of August where i should be
home doing nothing special. When you're ready let me know i have a
friend owning servers in the Netherlands and he goes there sometimes;
may be we can arrange a meeting closer to your home (the servers are
located in Amsterdam in the Telecity datacenter of Amsterdam Zuidoost)

--
Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>