Slow xfrun, [was: new dev branch stuff]

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Sun Jan 23 03:02:59 CET 2005

El sáb, 22-01-2005 a las 12:04 +0200, Mihai Bazon escribió:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:50:32 -0600, edscott wilson garcia
> <edscott at xfce.org> wrote:
> > Will do, as soon as I get back to the city on monday (as I am on the
> > road now).
>
> Great! :-)
>
> > > And, how do you link static?  I tried with LDFLAGS="-static" but it
> > > doesn't work (lots of error at link phase); have to admit, I didn't
> > > dig it too much.
> >
> > If it is a library located in /some/directory, and called libhdf5.a, you
> > would simply write:
> >
> > $cc -o program -c program.c -L/some/directory -lhdf5
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this the way you link dynamically?

I believe the default for C is static. Maybe for C++ the default is
dynamic.  If you use the -static directive you might have problems if
you want to link to *both* static and dynamic libraries at the same time
(different libraries, of course).
In this case you try as Danny suggests with the full
path, /usr/lib/libhdf5.a instead of -lhdf5. In this case you would not
need the -static directive because .a files cannot be linked dynamically
(as well as .so cannot be linked statically).

warm regards,

Edscott