XFWM: more workspaces needed, patch

Mihai Bazon mihai.bazon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:55:46 CET 2005

Hi all,

I recently sent a message to this list but I never received it, so
this time I don't include the patch (maybe this was the problem).

I need keybindings for at least 12 workspaces in XFWM and additional
keybindings to switch to the previously used workspace.  So my patch
adds support for 16 workspaces (keybindings like "workspace_X_key" and
"move_window_workspace_X_key") and for those 2 additional keys, named
"last_workspace_key" and "move_window_last_workspace_key", where
"last" means "previously used".  ;-)

I made it against the XFWM-4.2 version distributed at os-cillation.de,
as I wanted Debian packages.  I'd really love to get it included in
the official sources since I don't want to do this work each time I
"dist-upgrade", so if anyone of you CVS committers think it worths it,
please let me know and I'll send it somehow.

The next thing I'd like to accomplish is to add support for multiple
keybindings for the same action, as many times I tend to use i.e.
Win-Tab to go to the previous workspace, but sometimes I also press
Alt-Ctrl-Tab :-)  However I didn't yet started on this--any hints?

Best regards & keep up the good work! 8-)
--
Mihai Bazon,
http://www.bazon.net/mishoo/