new dev branch stuff

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Jan 20 08:14:03 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Funny that you come up with that; I actually started this discussion,
> because I somehow felt like I don't enjoy this work anymore (I thought I
> would enjoy it again after the release is done). I'm frustrated because
> I seem to have lost the red line in Xfce development. That's why I'm
> raising all these questions about the goals or Xfce.

Ok, like Olivier and Brian said, maybe you should try to do something
that you enjoy for a while. Doesn't have to be Xfce related ;)

We have a code base, we need to work from that. We need people with
ideas and skills (like you!) to show the way. For that we also need
concrete plans, ideas and code, not just high-level goals. And good
communication.

It's ok to make mistakes. We can fix them too. Sometimes you need to try
something first before you know what you should have done in the first
place. At least I have to.

And let me stress once again that you did an awesome job with the
release and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

	Jasper