more keybindings wanted in XFWM

Mihai Bazon mihai.bazon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:54:37 CET 2005

Hi all,

This is my first email to this list.  I hope it's the right place to
post a patch for Xfwm.

Yesterday I played with XFCE and decided that it has to replace Gnome
immediately on my desktop. :-)  Which I did, but then I needed to make
some modifications to Xfwm4; basically, what I need is the ability to
control at least 12 workspaces using the keyboard, so I added support
for 16, just in case.  :-)

My second wish was a keybinding to return to the previously used
workspace.  It was only after I started this when I realized that Xfwm
already had support for it, by pressing the key to switch to the
current workspace (when the hidden "toggle_workspace" param. is
present in the configuration).  However, I added it because I want a
different (unique) key to return to the previous workspace.

The next thing I'm interested in is support for multiple keybindings
for a single action, but I didn't yet started on this.  :-)  Any
hints?

I attached the patch file; I'm not sure if it would apply cleanly as
it's based on the Xfce 4.2 distributed by www.os-works.com (I needed
the Debian packages so that's why..).  Even if it doesn't apply, if
anyone thinks that such kind of patch could be a part of the official
Xfwm, I will spend the time to provide a real CVS-based patch--just
please let me know.  I really need those keys and I don't feel like
doing this work each time I "dist-upgrade".  ;-)

Mihai Bazon,
http://www.bazon.net/mishoo/
http://www.dynarch.com/   [ applied web standards ]