Xfce Text Editor

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue Jan 18 12:42:02 CET 2005

Erik Harrison wrote:

>I have been fiddling with the Leafpad text editor, and now have a
>version for Xfce. Other than some minor code cleanups, the 0.0.5
>version has two features over the last release of Leafpad
>
>* No hardcoded config file location, and location is now XDG compliant
>* Printing support
>
>Printing depends on a rather current version of xfprint (CVS, as of
>this writing), and configure currently doesn't check for that
>properly. I have posted just to the development list because it's
>pretty beta, and because I wanted to know, now that 4.2.0 is out, is
>something like this wanted in the core. for 4.4? Or should it stay
>out? If it should stay out of the core, is it possible to get this
>into xfce-goodies, or is that only for panel plugins?
>
>You can get it here, or at least until my free account with 1and1 runs
>out of bandwidth.
>
>http://erikharrison.net/software/mousetrap-0.0.5.tgz
>
> Please try it and tell me what you think.

Some hints/requests!

Try to create the tar over "mousetrap-0.0.5/" and not in a directory
"0.0.5". That makes a lot more sense to packagers and seems to be the
standard for packaging tarballs out there.

I'd really like to see alternative fore/background colors. White just
hurts my eyes and sometimes I don't want to meddle with gtk color themes.

Apart from that I like it. I'll definately add it to lunar-linux'
repository.

sofar