xfwm4 alt-tab interface

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Jan 9 16:36:07 CET 2005

Hi

Vladimir (copied in this answer) has already worked quite a lot on such
a patch (and got some successes), I strongly suggest you get in touch
with him to help.

It's a pretty sensitive issue, as many things can happen while the user
is switching tabs (new windows being mapped, select window vanishing,
etc.)

The requirements are:
- The system must be able to take new windows into account
- It should not crash if the current selected window vanishes
- It should correctly focus the selected window in all cases
- It should not leak memory nor icons
- It should by no mean introduce any weakness in the code
- You should use the same coding style

PS: No need to copy me directly, I am subscribed to the Xfce lists.

HTH,
Olivier.