Fix xfce4-panel manual for 4.2 (mail checker)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Jan 6 16:52:44 CET 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:02:49AM +0900, Rob Lahaye wrote:

> - pop3://user:password at server.
> + pop3://user:password at server:port.
> + The port defaults to 110 when omitted.

Yup, you are right. Updated, thanks.

> Two disadvantages of the mailchecker:
> 1) Password is in clear text, whenever I pop-up the properties.
> 2) I can't add a launcher to the mailchecker.

What do you mean with (2)?

For (1), I don't consider the mail checker to be a very good solution at all.
In my opinion mail notification is the perfect candidate for a notification
icon. It can either be done by a small mail check daemon, or by a mail client.

	Jasper

PS
Please don't CC me for mail to the xfce lists.