[RELEASE] 4.2.0 mostly frozen
benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Jan 6 00:54:34 CET 2005
I just checked the xfce_4_2 branch and committed some last time fixes.
Everything seems to work fine now (except the gtk-doc.make, which still
doesn't work 100% correct, but that'll have to wait for 4.2.1, as its
not critical). Some modules still don't build with --enable-debug=full
(e.g. xffm), but that will be delayed as well.
xfce_4_2 is therefore considered mostly frozen now. Only translations
may be committed from now on. Everything else must be approved before
I hereby change the release plan - Olivier accidently changed it already
;-) - and the real freeze date is now 2005/01/09 ~14:00h (CET). At this
time, I'll move the xfce_4_2_0 tag and create preliminary tarballs. It's
also the last possible date to raise the red flag. This freeze also
counts for translations (of both docs and .po's), so be sure to send
your translation updates until 2005/01/09 ~10:00h (CET)! Everything send
after this date will have to wait for 4.2.1.
The freeze also goes for theme changes - /me gazes at Olivier ;-).
Release time is still 2005/01/16 ~19:00h (CET). This gives us one week
to carefully prepare everything for 4.2.0 and to double-check the
tarballs (yeah, this point is very important)!
A quick look at bugzilla told me, that we have 3 bugs open, that could
potentially affect 4.2.0: #548, #650 and #653. I don't think they are
critical; Olivier, Jasper, Brian?
I'll post a more detailed plan for the next week during the weekend.
If anybody sees any problems here, please post them now, because after
2005/01/09 it'll be too late. ;-)
Thats all for the day,
More information about the Xfce4-dev