How to maintain non-core stuff?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 24 22:22:39 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Auke Kok wrote:
>
>>> I'd prefer all separate packages to be toplevel modules.
>>

>> same... it would make no sense to impose a virtual hierarchy in the
>> SVN tree, except maybe 'xfce4' for the xfce4 core components. apart
>> from that everything should go right under the top.
>

> Can we agree on the repository layout suggested by the SVN book
> (trunk, branches, tags) then? With everything as toplevel modules?
> (somehow I doubt that it will be useful to have a separate xfce4
> subdir in the long run, besides that it makes tagging/branching of
> full releases somewhat tricky)

Ok, so I think we're all pretty much agreed that we want to move to
svn.  Now, let's actually do it.  Though it's probably best to wait
until after FOSDEM.  I'm fine with using the trunk/branches/tags
layout.  As for the overall repo layout, I think the consensus is to
just do everything at the toplevel, except for the xfce core
components.  So we have:

|-xfce4/
| +-xfwm4/
| +-xfce4-panel/
| `- ... (other core components) ...
+-xfmedia/
+-mousepad/
+-(other xfce-related apps)
+-xfce4-systemload-plugin/
+-xfce4-weather-plugin/
`-(other panel plugins)

Does that sound like what we want to do?  Do we want to create a
subdirectory for the plugins as well as the core?

    -b