Keeping POTFILES.in sync'd

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Feb 24 22:11:31 CET 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:51:58 +0100
Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Its up to the maintainer to adjust POTFILES.in, when he includes
> another file. Automating this using a script looks like awaiting
> breakage, atleast for me, as I normally have uncommitted, test .c
> files and such in my local sandboxes, and so it would break other
> peoples builds if I'd create a tarball with a POTFILES.in, that was
> generated on my system (ok, one could argue that creating tarballs
> should happen from a clean sandbox...).
>
> And there's the problem of autogenerated files, that may be caught
> by the script, so you'd need a super-clean sandbox.

I don't know CVS-wise development process, nor SVN. If you'd think
it's a problem, I'll have to agree with you.

As far as i18n is concerned, there are variations of gettextized,
intltoolized over gettextized against ordinary C source and Glade,
XML (as you know, my future request), Desktop (depends freedesktop.org
spec.), (possibly) Schema/GConf, etc. files, it needs intltoolize &
inserting [encoding: UTF-8] when someone want to use non-ASCII
character in the source code, especially person's name-wise.

So, I think it might not be concerned with Xfce but also GNOME or
the like, need certain mechanism for whole translation process.
Manually adjusting these things (including configure.ac, Makefile.am
re-writing) sometimes leads miss-listing or lack of list.

But that's a random thought, if I'll get an idea more clearly when
these things are more complected and turn the matter, post again.

PS. I've read your mail, Brian. Ok, I'll modify it by hand.

Regards,
--
Daichi