how to send mail

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Mon Feb 21 16:13:26 CET 2005

Hi all,

What's the best way to send mail? I'm increasingly having trouble at this.
If I use sendmail, mailservers will bounce me because my ISP gives me a dynamic IP.
If I use SMTP with my ISP smtp server, mailservers will bounce me because:
blocked using dsn.rfc-ignorant.org; Not supporting null originator (DSN)
(this is when the "from" field does not match the "reply to" field)
If I use SMTP with my ISP smtp server and have matching "from" and "reply to" fields,
mailservers just drop the message without bothering to bounce.

How does you post email in this anti-spam environment?

regards and TIA,

Edscott