How to maintain non-core stuff?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Feb 20 20:47:56 CET 2005

Auke Kok wrote:
> Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>
>> Hehehe, do I need to say how much I agree ;)
>>
>> As a side note, we could even take the opportunity to move to svn maybe,
>> if possible?
>>

> http://svn.foo-projects.org/svn/test/

Alright, that's great, let's do this. For real this time ;-)

Also, having all (most) Xfce-related development in one location sounds
like a good thing to me.

The only concern I would have for this is the increased maintainance for
CVS/SVN accounts, but that's up to Auke to comment on. And maybe the
increased band-width.

I'd prefer all separate packages to be toplevel modules. Classification
into core, apps, extra, whatever can be done on the website, distro
packaging, and does not have to be mirrored in the source tree layout.
This is what GNOME does as well. On the other hand, moving things around
in svn is supposed to be a lot easier, isn't it?

	Jasper