Mousepad 0.2.0

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 23:53:35 CET 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:20:41 -0500, Erik Harrison
<erikharrison at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:42:09 -0600, edscott wilson garcia
> <edscott at xfce.org> wrote:
> > Hi Erik,
> >
> > A small issue with dnd. Although there seems to be code to process dnd
> > at dnd.c, dragging an icon from a file manager will not open the file. I
> > tried with xffm, rox and nautilus with no results.
>
> Hmm. Works for me here. I wonder if something happened when I tar'ed
> up the thing. I'm going to download the tarball and rebuild, see if I
> missed something.

All seems well here. Edscott, perhaps could you be running mousepad
without installing it? Do to some stuff inherited from Leafpad, when a
file is dnd'd to Mousepad, it tries to start another copy of mousepad
to open it. Since it tries to run mousepad manually, rather than
fork(), if mousepad is not installed you will get this behaviour.