Terminal Feature Request

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Feb 9 10:57:43 CET 2005

Biju Chacko wrote:
> Hi Benny,

Hey Botsie,

> I have a feature request for Terminal. In addition to the tab window
> mode, I'd like a split screen mode with an option of either vertical or
> horizontal splits. Naturally, creation and resizing of splits should be
> keyboard controlled as well as mouse-able.
>
> I currently get a limited version of the same functionality using
> screen. I find it very useful, especially in conjuction with Terminal's
> full screen mode.
>
> Otherwise, I find Terminal really good -- it's very responsive
> especially in comparison with gnome-terminal. Nice piece of work, Benny.

Personally, I think this one of the most confusing features of Multi
Gnome-Terminal, atleast it's a rather geekish feature.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to reimplement it in Terminal; atleast
I cannot think of a way to add it, while still preserving a clean and
easy-to-use user interface. MGT is

You should file a feature request at bugs.os-cillation.com to remind me
of it, but don't expect it to be implemented anytime soon - or, how
about a patch? ;-)

> Thanks,
> -- b *hoping Benny doesn't ask for a patch*

greets,
Benedikt