Terminal Feature Request

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Tue Feb 8 06:55:44 CET 2005

Hi Benny,

I have a feature request for Terminal. In addition to the tab window
mode, I'd like a split screen mode with an option of either vertical or
horizontal splits. Naturally, creation and resizing of splits should be
keyboard controlled as well as mouse-able.

I currently get a limited version of the same functionality using
screen. I find it very useful, especially in conjuction with Terminal's
full screen mode.

Otherwise, I find Terminal really good -- it's very responsive
especially in comparison with gnome-terminal. Nice piece of work, Benny.

Thanks,

-- b *hoping Benny doesn't ask for a patch*