Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 3 00:47:03 CET 2005

Jeff Franks wrote:

> With all the discussion lately about Xfce4 goals and directions, I was
> wondering where this left me and my proposal for  an Xfce C++ language
> binding for GTK+. Are you all still interested?  Silence can be
> deathly and do strange things to your mind.

I don't know about that, but 5 straight hours of meetings and conference
calls does strange things to *my* mind.  To answer your question, I
think it's a good idea, and I'd consider using it in my next project
(whatever that may be), assuming C++ makes sense for it.  I believe
someone was talking about rewriting something using XFC (maybe it was
Jens and Filer?  I don't remember).  Who knows.  I think the bottom line
is - if you want it to get used, you have to make it and release it.
It's hard to generate interest for something when it's vaporware.  Of
course, it sucks to create something that no one ends up using...

    -b