What are the objectives for Xfce 4.4?

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Feb 2 16:53:38 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

>> Auke Kok wrote:

>>> might I suggest something like 'directory.xfce.org' that shows a
>>> rather static list of Xfce applications and components? Should not
>>> be that hard to maintain, and can even be wiki based if setup
>>> separately of the main site. Other alternatives are also possible,
>>> and the residence on the main site would make it impartial towards
>>> xfce-goodies/berlioz... we just want to show (as xfce devs) that
>>> there are many xfce applications out there!
>>

>> Such a page is already available at
>>
>>  http://www.xfce.org/~benny/apps.html
>>
>> which lists the available 3rd party apps. I started this page because
>> there was a demand for such a list. If anybody wants to maintain this
>> list instead (probably using directory.xfce.org), that would be very
>> nice.
>

> BTW: How about apps.xfce.org, with some small CMS? And people that
> keep the info up-to-date (screenshots, versions, etc.). Any
> volunteers? ;-)

not me! but that was sorta my idea, yes. You'd want an enthusiastic
non-coder who can compile etc to maintain such a site (not too much
work). But it's better than putting it on your public_html since that
suggests that only one person is in control over it (not bad... but he
should be coding instead).

anyway as usual the http stuff is available. Pick a CMS/maintainer and
we're go.

sofar