New file manager (WAS Re: xffm)

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Tue Feb 1 14:41:22 CET 2005

El mar, 01-02-2005 a las 11:11 +0200, Peeter Vois escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I feel that it is right time to present some of my thoughts about xffm
> possible future look and feel. I have been thinking that the following
> might make xffm more usable. What negative parts I have been trying to
> resolve:
>
> 1. it is not so easy to drag and drop file from one folder to another
> because the windows have to be aligned on screen before drag and drop
> can be made. With aligned views this trouble sould be reduced.

You can also drag to the upper or lower portions of the tree and the
tree will scroll automatically.

> 2. If there is lots of files and lots of folders then seeing files on
> current xffm treeview will take lots of scrolling. With separate views
> for files and folders this trouble should be reduced.
>
> I added gade-2 project and screenshot of the look.

Looks nice, but much too complex. The current xffm work is centered on
making the gui front-end as simple and fast as possible. Once this is
accomplished, creating other front-ends such as the one you suggest
should also be easier.

regards,

Edscott

--