New file manager (WAS Re: xffm)

Peeter Vois peeter.vois at proekspert.ee
Tue Feb 1 10:11:55 CET 2005

Hi,

I feel that it is right time to present some of my thoughts about xffm
possible future look and feel. I have been thinking that the following
might make xffm more usable. What negative parts I have been trying to
resolve:

1. it is not so easy to drag and drop file from one folder to another
because the windows have to be aligned on screen before drag and drop
can be made. With aligned views this trouble sould be reduced.

2. If there is lots of files and lots of folders then seeing files on
current xffm treeview will take lots of scrolling. With separate views
for files and folders this trouble should be reduced.

I added gade-2 project and screenshot of the look.

Best Regards
Peeter