Building trunk on FreeBSD

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Dec 21 00:05:28 CET 2005

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>>GTK_DOC_CHECK(1.0)
>
> IIRC, you need to have gtk-doc installed to build SVN, regardless of
> whether or not you want to generate the API documentation or not.  It's
> an unfortunate limitation, but one we have to live with right now.

You don't really need gtk-doc, but you'll need gtk-doc.m4 available to
aclocal. The easiest way to do this with xfce4-dev-tools is:

mkdirhier ~/.local/share/xfce4/dev-tools/m4macros
cp gtk-doc.m4 ~/.local/share/xfce4/dev-tools/m4macros

Other candidates would be glib-gettext.m4, intltool.m4 and pkg.m4.

> 	-brian

Benedikt