'places' panel plugin

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:36:43 CET 2005

Hello

what would be the best way to get a windows/gnome like places menu? One
with Home/Computer/Desktop/Thrash and Network eventually which would
suggest a user with MSwindows  background a place to start exploring the
filesystem from.
There may be a simple panel plugin I guess which would just launch the
default file manager with the path corresponding to the icon. Or would
it be easier as an add-on of the existing xfdesktop menu?

I see there's something similar now under accessories 'Home folder'
calling xftree4

Jani