Panel Settings Dialog

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 20:06:59 CET 2005

[x] Drag and drop only (previous dialog).
[ ] Indirect manipulation + drag and drop (new dialog).

It's a bit hard to choose, because the traditional way can be quite handy
for organizing the
panel, but DND is easier/faster and in the new dialog, DND is less
accessible (another new dialog).

But personally I think DND is becoming more common for organizing panels
(Firefox) so my
vote goes to the previous dialog.

Idea?:
It would be really nice if all items where in 1 tabs, both panel items and
available items, but
of course the dialog will be a lot bigger.... Well anyway to give a small
example I've added a
screenshot<http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/nickschermer/xfce/panel-items.png>

I'd love to be able to use the actual icon in the dialog. For launcher
> this should not be much of a problem, but for other things like the
> tasklist I need to be a bit more clever ;-)

I think the launcher icon needs to be the icon used in the panel, but
for most other plugin the icon in the desktop file would be enough.
(well i think most people have only 1 tasklist in a panel??)

The previous dialog didn't stay on top and that made it sometimes tricky to
> hit the
> panel preferences dialog when dragging a plugin to it.

Well this could be solved by adding some window parameters, but for DND it
would
be nice if the border of the item list would be black when dragging plugins
back
to the dialog (remove them). Benny added this in Thunar, when dragging
files.

Greets, Nick