Panel Settings Dialog

Foxy foxy at on-the-hill.me.uk
Fri Dec 16 14:19:57 CET 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Foxy schreef:
>

>> Frankly speaking I liked the previous version better. Everything was on
>> one screen and here you have to switch between tabs.
>>

> No it wasn't. There were two tabs. You aren't comparing to 4.2, are you?
> The 4.3 version has to be different because of the support for multiple
> panels and external plugins.
>
> If you are talking about the split in position and appearance, I did
> that to reduce the dialog's size, but that can easily be turned back.

yes, you're right, there were two tabs,  mia culpa.... anyway, I had no
issue with the size of the dialogue.... you can put panel size
controller under Position and have only two tabs...

>> Also it took me a
>> while to realised that I have to click on + button to have the list of
>> available panel items.
>>

> Really? Well, I could add a label of course, but I'd prefer to keep is
> small.

I think it creates an unnecessary step, you have click on the button and
then drag the item, while before you just dragged it to or from the panel...