Panel Settings Dialog

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Dec 16 10:58:55 CET 2005

Jari Rahkonen schreef:

> The new dialog looks pretty and compact, I really like it.
>
> My only concern would still be discoverability. It took me a minute
> just staring at the list of rows all saying 'launcher' to realize,
> what it was supposed to represent. I bet if the items had the same
> icons they have in the panel I'd gotten hang of it much sooner.

Yup, that's exactly my concern as well.

I'd love to be able to use the actual icon in the dialog. For launcher
this should not be much of a problem, but for other things like the
tasklist I need to be a bit more clever ;-)

Taking a snapshot of the plugin and using that as icon, cropped to a
reasonable size if necessary, should be possible, I think.

> What I'm trying to say is that the dialog is still a bit confusing,
> but it's definitely going in the right direction.

Thanks for testing!

	Jasper