4.4 ETA?

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:43:59 CET 2005

Hi Olivier

> If you remove xfwm4 and replace it with metacity, or replace the panel
> with GNOME panel, xfdesktop with, humm, dunno what ;) or even replace
> Thunar with Nautilus, then what is the point of using Xfce at all? Users
> may choose to replace some components, that's the greatness of
> interoperability, but that's not the point.

Heh, I surely misworded my mail since both you and Brian seem to have
understood that I was thinking of replacing xfce core components with
gnome ones. That is and has never been my intention. It is either
replacing an 4.2 xfce component with  one from 4.3 (such as we already
use bennys xfdesktop - even that is not 4.3 technically) if it's mature
enough, or adding components not in xfce proper.(abiword, gnumeric,
sylpheed)

So rest assured it will be xfce + additional stuff not just xfce bits
here and there.

Jani