Issue with the Sun's C Compiler `cc'

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Dec 5 17:57:48 CET 2005

Thomas Lecomte wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm trying to get XFce 4.2 compiled on Sun Solaris 10, with the Sun's
> C Compiler.
> However, it seems that you use GCC-specific stuff in your source code.
> For example, the compiler refuses to handle this correctly:
> extern const char xfce_builtin_license_##name[];

Ahem, I strongly doubt that your fortecc doesn't support concatenation
(##), else you will not be able to compile Gtk+ and probably every
application that's based on Gtk+ (and uses macros like G_DEFINE_TYPE,
etc.). I'm not yet sure what the problem is, maybe the [] confuse the
preprocessor. Try inserting a space before the [].

> Thanks,
> -Thomas

Benedikt