4.4 ETA?

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Mon Dec 5 10:21:51 CET 2005

Jani Monoses wrote:
> Hi Olivier
>
>>Sorry, but there is one and only one xfce, it's the one that is hosted
>>in xfce svn. I don't plan to support anything else.
>

> I'll rephrase the question:
> is xfdesktop in current svn based on/the same code as what the xfld
> distro had and what ubuntu currently uses?
> In svn  Jasper, Benny and Brian are all mentioned in AUTHORS.

My understanding is that xfdesktop is going to be pretty much exactly
the same as it is in 4.2.

It seems likely that xfdesktop will get superceded by a file manager
based desktop manager in future releases, so Brian is naturally not very
interested in putting in much more effort in it.

The main difference between the os-works xfdesktop and the one in svn is
in the menu handling. Brian has indicated that he would be ready to
accept patches to port that across but that he isn't interested in doing
it himself.

hth,

-- b