trunk/xfwm4 bug?

Aaron aaronf0 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 23:07:17 CET 2005

i also noticed that the focus behavior is rather inconsistent. some
xfce programs such as the run box (most annyoing) completly ignore the
focus tips and just take focus when they load. also sometimes i still
get things that just pop up whenever they feel like it. checking the
no-automatic focus should apply to everything as its raelly annyoing
on slower computers.

On 11/30/05, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 11:40 -0800, Auke Kok wrote:
>
> > well it's not in the settings plugin and as such I find this a bad idea
> > - it also changed the default behaviour and even though popups are a bad
> > thing the new bahaviour consistently puts all new firefox windows in the
> > background, even "modal" ones - like java file dialogs - completely
> > blocking the browser.
>
> Well, xfwm4 does check for modals and give focus to them. Unfortunately,
> neither Java nor Mozilla/Firefox declare their modals as such...
>
> > I'm leaving for the airport in 20 minutes so I hope you don't mind me
> > filing a bugreport/feature request for a toggle in the UI or a change in
> > the default behaviour - I *really* have to run now.
>
> The wm tweak plugin is still planned...
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

If it moves, COMPILE IT!!! Yay Gentoo!!!