[Xfce4-commits] r17207 - libxfcegui4/trunk/libxfcegui4

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Aug 31 10:37:44 CEST 2005

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>>This looks pretty strange: add() and remove() will act on the internal
>>>HBox, while all other GtkContainer methods will work on the frame
>>>itself. Either XfceFramebox should be deprecated completely or we need
>>>to override all of GtkContainer methods and forward the calls to the
>>>internal HBox.
>
> I wouldn't mind deprecating it in favor of a non-class helper/utility
> function to create the framebox as we have it now.
>
> Otherwise we can just leave it as-is.  The common use case is just to
> add() something to it and be done with it.  I got rid of the remove()
> implementation because it was causing weird problems that I don't have
> the patience to try to debug.

The implementation as it stands now is just broken. It claims to be a
GtkContainer, but it isn't. I'd vote to revert that change to the 4.2
implementation, which wasn't good, but atleast consistent. There's no
need for XFC to wrap that widget at all, as Gtk::Frame and
Gtk::Alignment will do just fine there, and thereby saving a few
unneccesary PLT entries for XFC. ;-)

> 	-b

Benedikt