Brainstorming for the manager project name!

Pasi Orovuo pasi.ov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:13:03 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 12:48:38PM +0200, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> if nothing is opposed to the package manager project we discussed
> lately, I'd like to introduce the great brainstorming for a project name
> with a few suggestions.
>
> They mainly follow the current naming scheme which is, in general,
> storms (or wasn't Thunar kind of a storm?). They all have to do with the
> origin of hurricanes -- I thought this might fit very well, since the
> program is supposed to bring us "storms" in terms of Thunar, Orage and
> so on.
>
> These are my proposals (I don't have a personal favorite yet):
>
>   - Surge
>   - Ambiance
>   - Velocity
>   - Cyclone
>   - Updraft/Ascent
>
> Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
>
> Kind regards,
> Jannis

Hi,

Here's a few suggestions that sprung up from Jannis' ideas. They don't
adhere to the rule "They all have to with the origin of hurricanes",
but I find them nice names and perhaps suitable for the mix. Weren't
we supposed to be brainstorming here anyway? ;)

Here we go:
 - Aurora
 - Corona

Aurora is my definite favourite. The astronomic term for northern
lights. Means 'the dawn' in French (and Latin I think) as well.

A Corona is the "halo" that surrounds a star. It could be seen as
something that surrounds Xfce and extends and spreads it (at least if
tried really hard;). Unfortunately it's also a beer label, which
makes this one a bit less appealing (good beer though).

A quick (stress on the word quick) search on Google came with no results
that'd conflict with use of any of these names names in the proposed
project.

Yeah, I need better things to do. ;)

-Pasi