goodies-management

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Aug 15 14:48:37 CEST 2005

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> PyGTK should be ok, too. I would have to refresh my knowledge about
> Python a little, but - as already mentioned - I have all the time in the
> world, that shouldn't be a problem.
>
> Anyway, doesn't nearly everything (Xfce libraries as well as the
> goodies) require gtk-devel?

Right, forgot about that. But, still, the installer could be run
out-of-the-box, and the user could install other stuff (maybe he don't
want to install Xfce, but some other app available through our system),
and would only need to install gtk-devel when he attempts to compile
Xfce components.

And whats more important from my POV: The user can simply run the
installer and do not need to take care of compiling stuff (like a C/GTK
installer) himself, which is actually *the* main advantage of the
installer attempt.

> - Jannis

Benedikt