better user interface :: XFCE

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg2002 at freemail.gr
Tue Aug 9 23:31:23 CEST 2005

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:15:00 +0200
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 14:05 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
> I disagree. One and only one window must be highlighted at a time, it's
> the one that has keyboard focus. If you have two windows highlighted at
> the same time, it's a mess from a usability standpoint (and yes, I've
> seen this in Windows and I consider that as a ugly bug)

Maybe hilight the icon in the taskbar only?

On an off-topic sidenote, I usually work in DOS-based legacy applications at
full screen at work, and when WinXP does this, it makes the app windowed, too
so I see the hilight. Pretty annoying if you ask me, since the alarms are stupid
printer error messages (of which I am already aware usually), or windows update
messages. Really distracting.

Stavros