better user interface :: XFCE

Wit Wilinski madman at linux.bydg.org
Tue Aug 9 23:24:39 CEST 2005

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:15:00 +0200
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> I disagree. One and only one window must be highlighted at a time, it's
> the one that has keyboard focus. If you have two windows highlighted at
> the same time, it's a mess from a usability standpoint (and yes, I've
> seen this in Windows and I consider that as a ugly bug)

Well, I've recently seen a windows machine (no, I don't have this at
home ;) and must say it's rather a good feature. The window giving an
URGENT hint has a taskbar entry highlited in a different color, so it's
easily distinguishable from the others. Some X11 applications notify
users by changing the title to contain a star (*) or blink the title.
Coloring the taskbar button of the notifying window wouldn't be so bad.

--
[ JID: madman at jabber.autocom.pl ] [ http://madman.2ya.com ]