xffm problems

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Wed Aug 3 06:08:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

xffm-deskview seems a little broken. Compare the attachments of xffm vs
nautilus.

Sorry about the attachments, btw -- my web host seems to be down. I
tried to make 'em as small as possible, though.

Also a couple of usability opinions about xffm-iconview:

* The context menu is too big -- there's just too much stuff on it.
Would suggest that you put a typical "File Edit ..." type main menu and
move most of the context menu there. That would make it a little more
consistent with other file managers.

* suggest that you remove the "up" link from the directory view and ue
browser buttons, nautilus-style combobox or gtk file selector style
directory buttons.

Btw, how do you change the icon theme?

-- b