tasklist / SVN

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 00:18:16 CEST 2005

On 7/31/05, Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org> wrote:
> Le dimanche 31 juillet 2005 à 14:42 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone a écrit :
> > JF, why not just run the script on espresso with a cron job?  No
> > uploading necessary...
>
> because it needs to run autogen.sh (to generate the ./configure script)
> and thus it runs ./configure (because of make dist-bz2) and checks for
> libs (gtk, xfcegui, xfceutil, ...) which i don't think they are
> installed on the server.

Which is why make dist is broken, if no one minds me ranting for a moment.

It'd be nice if autotools were extended to allow configure to that work for us.

And even if they are if you bump version, we
> need to have them installed on the server (the advantage of having it
> running on my system is that i'm running xfce svn)
>
> but may be it's possible if we install a xfce svn on espresso with a
> specific prefix and all its dependencies, maintain it up-to-date and
> adapt the scripts
>
> if you've any other way in mind, tell me.
>
> cheers
> --
> Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>

"This brings me back to a time where I had no worries.
All I needed to do was watch Perfect Strangers."
-Erik