Multibyte characters in Xffm again (was Re: Xffm won't be built)

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Mon Apr 11 11:29:06 CEST 2005

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:48:10 -0500
Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:

> > PS. It looks like xffm is getting faster compared with pre 4.3.1,
> > feels good, only problem is drop-down menu still doesn't show my
> > characters ...
>
> Try again now. Please note that your "goto" and "select workdir"
> history is clean and must be repopulated.

I've deleted files in ~/.cache/xfce4/xffm/histories/, but it doesn't
work, one thing I noticed is whenever I inputted my chars (with non-
UTF-8) in input form, xffm (4.3.1.17) emits warnings

    Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 ...

, sometimes

    Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_get_cursor_pos:
        assertion `index >= 0 && index <= layout->length' failed

at xftree4's directory specifying (warning will be emitted per my
typing, even on ASCII characters).

Regards,
--
Daichi